Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fjulianom
New Contributor III

Source field in policy got spinning

Hi guys,

Today I was configuring a new FortiGate 100E. It was running version 5.6.3. When I wanted create a new policy, I wasn't able to select a source address, the source field got spinning like this:

For the others field I didn't have the problem, only for the source field. After rebooting the firewall kept the same. I downgraded to version 5.6.2 and the problem continues. What do you recommend? Have you experienced this sometime? Please help!

Regards,

Julián

2 Solutions
BWiebe

Could be a browser issue.

I've had strange issues with various browsers in all versions of 5.6.*.

I seem to have the best luck in Firefox.

View solution in original post

ericli_FTNT

Before execute factortyreset, I suggest you clear up all cached web content. Different browser has different procedure. e. g . Firefox 57.0.4 64bit, which is the browser I'm using now. From open menu-options-privacy and security-cached web content, click "Clear now". Close your web browser and re open it.

For the last resort, please collect HTTPSD debug infomation if you could. Make sure don't break any service in your production.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
fjulianom
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

Any tip about this issue?

Regards,

Julián

BWiebe

Could be a browser issue.

I've had strange issues with various browsers in all versions of 5.6.*.

I seem to have the best luck in Firefox.

fjulianom
New Contributor III

Hi,

In my case the browser wasn't the problem, I also tried with Firefox. The only solution was "execute factoryreset".

ericli_FTNT

Before execute factortyreset, I suggest you clear up all cached web content. Different browser has different procedure. e. g . Firefox 57.0.4 64bit, which is the browser I'm using now. From open menu-options-privacy and security-cached web content, click "Clear now". Close your web browser and re open it.

For the last resort, please collect HTTPSD debug infomation if you could. Make sure don't break any service in your production.

DopIT

We have the same issue. Using CLI, I can still create and change rules. Clearing browser cache did not work. Does anybody have any other ideas how to fix this without doing a factory reset?

Regards,

Sander

DopIT
New Contributor

In our case a reboot of the unit did the trick!

Adi45
New Contributor

i think you have removed all addresses . Create a default address Policy & Object > Create new Address >

all

0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

any

ok

then create some addresses according to your LAN

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors