Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fvelazquez
New Contributor

Source-IP command under "config user tacacs" not working,

Hello, currently I just did a setup of tacacs+ on FortiGate 100D v5,2,5 build 701. After all this config, I put the command "source-ip" because I wanted to use an internal address to make request for tacacs. But after doing a test under the GUI for connectivity, I realized that my "set source-ip" command is not considered, because the petitions for tacacs go from the egress interface as if the "source-ip" command is not take into consideration, and it fails. What is wrong with the config? Did I miss something? Actually when I run the command "get system source-ip status" it states that tacacs is using 192.168.145.1 as I configured, but in the sniffer capture it shows the egress interface making the requests, which is not correct. Any ideas? please.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
fvelazquez
New Contributor

Any ideas please?

Regards,

toy4two
New Contributor

I've learned there is a bug if you try to source from a Loopback address, same behavior, is that what you are doing?  If so try a Physical interface (not sure I can even use a VLAN interface!)

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

This is not a bug, this is a limitation in the test command that you can't "set the source ip". if you run the diag test command from  the cli you have the exact same problem btw.

Kem

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors