Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nm1
New Contributor II

Sorting adresses

Dear community,

in the "Addresses" menu, it was possible to sort by name or IP until maybe 2 weeks or so.

Also when I create/edit a firewall policy and want to select a "Source" or "Destination" the addresses aren't sorted anymore like they have been before. They are fully mixed up now.

Is there a way to make sorting by e.g. names or IPs in "Addresses" possible again?

Maybe the reason is the latest firmware update?

Thank you very much for your help!

6 REPLIES 6
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

What firmware version are you currently running?

I did a quick check in 7.2.6 and the sorting under Addresses is working fine

sort.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
nm1
New Contributor II

Hi @ebilcari 

I'm on version 7.4.2.

I think when it was your version, it still worked for me

AEK

Hello

• Is there a high memory consumption on the FortiGate as it happens?
  • How many addresses do you have?
  • Is there some address names with special characters
AEK
AEK
nm1
New Contributor II

Hello @AEK 

- the memory usage is at 66%

- we have about 260 addresses

- the addresses contain letters, numbers, spaces and the characters - _ . 

ebilcari

I searched internally and there is no reported issue related to this behavior. You can try with a different browser (incognito/private) to check if this is not a client issue. If you get same result I would suggest to open a TAC support ticket to investigate this further.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
ebilcari

I upgraded one FGT VM to 7.4.2 and the sort button seems completely removed from GUI (header-sort-indicator). I can't tell the reason behind it, you have to create a ticket with TAC support.

sorti.PNG

- Emirjon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors