Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
martyyy
New Contributor

Sophos Red Router

The client has a Sophos Red Router which will be sitting behind my firewal and will just be using out our WAN for internet connection so there is no need to setup from my end regarding their VPN tunnel. There is no tunnel to be created from my side. What we need to make sure is that all traffic from this device, and all other devices behind it, passes through my fortigate firewall without any issues.

FOS 7.2.14

FG200F

Does my current Any Any rule allow all their traffic in and out?

Any suggestions or comments is highly appreciated. TIA :) 

2 REPLIES 2
ddeguzman
Staff
Staff

Hi Martyyy,

You mentioned that "need to make sure is that all traffic from this device, and all other devices behind it, passes through my fortigate firewall without any issues". If your concern is for outbound traffic, the firewall policy outbound should be sufficient. (Interface connected to Sophos -> WAN)

If there are other network/s behind the Sophos router, make sure to update the routing in your FortiGate as well.

Also, if you are expecting outside users to connect to this Sophos Router (maybe configured as VPN server), then you'll need to configure Port Forwarding in your FortiGate.
Reference: 
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.4/administration-guide/155333

Hope this helps. Regards,
Denice

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @martyyy,

First of all, there is no FortiOS version 7.2.14. I can't see the any any rule you mentioned so I can't tell whether it is correct or not. You can run debug flow to see if traffic is being dropped: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-First-steps-to-troubleshoot-connecti...

Regards, 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors