Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MFCadmin
New Contributor

Slow internet with FortiClient connected to EMS

Hello all. I have a really strange thing happening. We use FortiClient with FortiCloud EMS. Some users are having internet connection issues while connected to the EMS, but only sometimes & not all sites. I was just working with one that wouldn't let Outlook connect, wouldn't do a speed test, can't even get to google. If I open FortiClient and click on Disconnect at the top everything starts working perfect. The EMS doesn't show any web threats, blocks or anything. Any ideas?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello MFCadmin,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again,

Could you please indicate which version of FortiClient you are using please?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

MFCadmin
New Contributor

We are using 7.0.3

ESIT
New Contributor II

Wow, how many day's did it take just to ask what version the poor user is on? 

@MFCadmin Have you tried disabling all features other than VPN and walk your way through enabling them? I discovered a number of machines disliked sandbox and needed to be nursed with reboots and disconnecting/reconnecting to EMS to get them all scanned and happy. One of my deployment servers took months to get there, I guess as it had so much to sandbox.

Edit: Also, are you using FortiNet DNS servers? I've had poor performance in some scenarios with these.

MFCadmin
New Contributor

Turned off all profiles and still the same. Disconnect and and it instantly starts working.

ESIT
New Contributor II

There's a difference between turning off profiles and disabling features within the profiles. Can you clarify which you have tested?

MFCadmin
New Contributor

I have turned off the profile with the toggle to the right of the profile name. I figured if the profile is turned off then none of the features would be available.

MFCadmin
New Contributor

ZTNA.jpg

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors