Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Zero
New Contributor

Slow FortiClient VPN

Hello,

we are migrating from cisco AnyConnect VPN to FortiClient VPN. we are using FortiClient 7.2.5 and FortiGate 7.2.7 . we are seeing a significant difference in file transfer rate when the end user is trying to download a big file from a shared drive. I am pretty sure its not the internet circuit issue because I ran the test while I was working remotely. I have a 1Gb up/down and the download rate is similar to what our end-users are reporting. any help is greatly appreciated.

AnyConnectAnyConnectFortiClientFortiClient

Zer0o0o0o
Zer0o0o0o
3 REPLIES 3
homalgo1
Visitor

Try the other way around, actually - disable split DNS, and let your internal DNS server handle all DNS for the client. (This assumes the internal DNS is willing and capable of resolving any public DNS records)

Zero
New Contributor

its already setup to use our internal DNS. split DNS already disabled

Zer0o0o0o
Zer0o0o0o
tpatel
Staff
Staff

Hello, 

Make sure dtls is enable in ssl vpn setting on fortigate and also on forticlient. 

Please click on below link and reference document.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Using-DTLS-to-improve-SSL-VPN-performance/...

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors