Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SimplicityForce
New Contributor

Has anyone been successful using Skype as their VoIP provider? I am attempting to do this, but the credential information I receive from Skype doesn' t match the FortiVoice guide, and I am unable to register. Any help would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
SimplicityForce
New Contributor

I was able to solve this problem. These are the necessary settings for Skype Primary: Under VoIP Configuration: For Service Provider, select " Skype Primary" if available, then click " Update Configuration" . Otherwise, select " Manual Configuration" . The only box that should be checked is " Disable public IP address substitution" In the VoIP Provider section: Both server names should be " sip.skype.com" Outbound proxy should be blank. Realm/domain must be " sip.skype.com" Under VoIP Numbers: Select the VoIP Profile: " Skype Primary" Under Phone Number, enter the entire " SIP User" number from Skype. Enter the same " SIP User" number in the " User/Account" field. Enter the password from Skype in the " Password" field. You may need to save the configuration, but the registration should work for you at this point. (You will still need to setup a hunt group to place calls.)
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors