Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Yukino
New Contributor

Skype allow for a specific user

Hello!

I have a new configuration fortinet blocking Skype and P2P application, however , it is possible to authenticate in Skype but group conversations and file transfer Skype are blocked in addition to slow down the application . I need Skype is fully permitted for a specific user , how I can set a policy that allows me this configuration especially because skype must be enabled for the rest of the organization?

Help me, please!

Thank you so much.

1 REPLY 1
MrSinners
Contributor

Hello,

If I understand correctly, you want Skype to be allowed for one specific user and blocked for everyone else?

You can do this by making a firewall policy for this specific user, either by using a source IP address (if the user has static IP address) or adding a user to the "Source User" in the policy. This user can be created locally on the FortiGate or retrieved from Active Directory using Fortinet Single Sign On / LDAP. The policy needs to have an application control profile allowing Skype, and the policy should be placed above the general skype deny policy.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors