Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
eloor
New Contributor

Simple tasks in FortiManager

We just installed FortiManager and I've successfully been able to add one of our production Fortigates. I'm a total noob to FortiManager, and I can't seem to figure out how to perform simple management tasks to the Fortigate I've added. For instance, is there a way to remotely connect to the Fortigate through FortiManager (like there is with Fortigate Cloud)? Also, how would I assign a VLAN to a single port on the downstream Fortiswitch? Also, the geolocation in FortiManager is incorrect for the Fortigate I added - is there a way to change that? What if I just want to add a simple Address Object to the Fortigate? Sorry for all the random questions... I was hoping FortiManager would be a little more intuitive.

omegle xender
2 REPLIES 2
asrour
Staff
Staff

Hello,

1- is there a way to remotely connect to the Fortigate through FortiManager (like there is with Fortigate Cloud)?
you can connect to Fortigate CLI from the fortigate Dashboard -> System Information

2- Also, how would I assign a VLAN to a single port on the downstream Fortiswitch?
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.4.0/administration-guide/280879/managing-fortiswit...

3- Also, the geolocation in FortiManager is incorrect for the Fortigate I added - is there a way to change that?
right click the FW -> Edit then update the geolocation

A Srour
asrour
Staff
Staff

you can always refer to the admin guide: 

Setting up FortiManager | FortiManager 7.4.0 (fortinet.com)

A Srour
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors