Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ninjalee
New Contributor

Silent parameters are not working for FortiClient 6.0.1.0099

When installing FortiClient 6.0.1.0099 with silent parameters “msiexec.exe /i "FortiClient.msi" INSTALLLEVEL=1 ALLUSERS=1 /qn /norestart” we get a blank screen when we open FortiClient. We have always used INSTALLLEVEL=1 and it works fine on 5.4.x as well as 5.6.x installers.

4 REPLIES 4
dnickel
New Contributor

I've been struggling with this issue as well. In my case it seems to be permissions related. If i right click on forticlient and then run as administrator it comes up with the GUI. This is still a problem though because I cannot have every user who needs VPN access to have admin rights just to run the client. Have you made any progress on finding the root cause?

ninjalee

dnickel wrote:

I've been struggling with this issue as well. In my case it seems to be permissions related. If i right click on forticlient and then run as administrator it comes up with the GUI. This is still a problem though because I cannot have every user who needs VPN access to have admin rights just to run the client. Have you made any progress on finding the root cause?

Nope, I gave up on it. Sticking to version 5.6.0.

Their support is no help either, they advised me to get the FortiClient Configuration Tool. You need an account on the Fortinet Developer Network site, which takes some hoop jumping. We called our Fortinet rep and found out we needed to purchase a 3k license to qualify for a Fortinet Developer Network account. BS!!!

Just waiting to see if they will fix it in future releases.

kd007
New Contributor III

v6.0.2 was just released - have you tried that?

ninjalee
New Contributor

kd007 wrote:

v6.0.2 was just released - have you tried that?

I just tried 6.0.2 with the same parameters and still get a blank screen. 

Why does Fortinet have no documents on this? Soooo useless.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors