Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Muhammad_Atif_Jauhar
New Contributor

Sidewinder Config (netmap) migration to FortiOS

Hi,

I am in progress to config migration Project from Sidewinder to Fortigate.

I am facing issue to migrate Sidewinder Netmap (Object and Policy) migration to Fortigate Config.

Kindly let me know what will be the configuration of  fortigate similar to Sidewinder Netmap.

Sample Sidewinder Config is:

netmap add name=Test--external \ members=ipaddr:10.10.10.10:192.168.1.115,ipaddr:10.10.10.11:192.168.1.116 \ description='Rename netmap object as appropriate' \ last_changed_by='swadmin on Fri Oct 31 11:26:26 2008'

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

When you pull that cfg with cf , I believe you are looking for the equal of firewall addr and addrgroups.  So those address could be defined in a addr and then in a addrgroup

What are these address for and where are they used in the firewall policies.?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Muhammad_Atif_Jauhar
New Contributor

Hi,

Basically, In Sidewinder netmap configuration, they doing maping from One IP to Others e.g. 10.10.10.10:192.168.1.115.

In this they are nating 10.10.10.10 IP to 192.168.1.115.

This Netmap is calling in Policy as Source Address and also opposite Netmap (192.168.1.115:10.10.10.10) in other Policy in Destination Address.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Is this a public facing vip ( DNAT ) or SourceNAT ( SNAT )?I believe it's a  SNAT but I haven't did anything on a sidewinder like in  ages.

So if it's a SNAT, you could do a  public-nat-pool  and define the  pool on the fwpolicy(s) that need SNAT for the policy.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors