Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MarcellV
New Contributor

Setup with different VLAN and SSID

Hi,

we have got a Fortigate 80E with 12 AP connected to the 12 Lan-Ports.

There are 3 SSIDs set up –> every SSID should be a different VLAN: 102, 103 and 104.

We want connect the Forti via WAN Port to our HP switch and from there to our ISG, which should be the Gateway for clients in every Wifi Net (ISG has got an IP in every VLAN/IP-Range).

Any Tip how to set up?

Thanks,

Marcell  

7 REPLIES 7
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Sounds like you already have a good picture how you want to set up. Since the ISG(Juniper/Netscreen?) seems to be controlling routing/FW and 80E is just an AP concentrator/aggregator, I would set up CAPWAP tunnel mode from all APs to 80E. Nothing seems to be special with your arrangement.

MarcellV

Hi Toshi,

thanks for your reply.

Where I have to create the VLAN-ID? I have my SSID and create a VLAN-Interface thats blong to the SSID?

How to config the WAN-Port?

Thanks,

Marcell

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

SSID GUI has operational vlan config box at the bottom. Then you need to create vlan interfaces and attach them under the physical interface for 80E to accept. That part has nothing special because of WiFi. Regular vlan config. 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It doesn't say if wireless controller feature works in transparent mode or not, two members with "_FTNT" in their names recommend bridge mode instead in below thread.

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=122273

Alby23
Contributor II

I'd use bridged mode but it's a choice.

MarcellV

Hi Alby,

ok when I use bridge mode I can specify a vlan id without creating an extra interface for the ssid.

And how to config the wan port? Use as LAN?

MarcellV

would it be an option to config the forti in transparent mode?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors