Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
luke_wakefield
New Contributor

Setting up an SSID using Active Directory Auth

Hello,

New to the Fortiwifi and the creation of SSIDs, I have managed to create a couple of SSIDs with PSKs, but I now want to go one step further and create an SSID that authenticates using AD. 

I have created the SSID and what I believe is the correct NSP settings, its available to connect to, the user clicks in and gets asked for credentials, then after clicking connect, there is an error connecting and NPS logs show that it refused the connection because it didn't match any network policies, I have tried everything but nothing seems to work, keep getting the same error that no policy requests where matches so NSP denied access.

Any obvious rookie mistakes that I could have total overlooked,

Cheers

Luke

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

To isolate the problem, try below in CLI (GUI option doesn't do real authentication) with a known good user name/password.

diag test authserver radius <server_name> pap "<user_name>" "<password>"

(be aware that the password shows up in the screen when you type or paste)

It would return either "succeeded" or "failed (or might be something else)". If success, the problem is on FTG side. If not, it's on MS NPS side.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors