Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
capricorn80
New Contributor II

Setting Fortigate 100E as Edge device in Office network

Hi!

I have a new Fortigate 100E and want to set it up in my network. I have layer 3 switch doing with VLan Interface and then leaf switches as trunk containing all the VLANS for servers.

We have 100MB internet connection terminating on the Fiber. 

Anyone guide me how should I proceed?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ericli_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Any specific requirement for your corp network?

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Also, what kind of IP(s) delivered over the fiber and how (static, DHCP, PPPoE) would affect to your WAN side configuration.

capricorn80

@ericli_FTNT: The main things to separate traffic VLAN. Right now we dont any thing to stop Intevlan routing but that will come in future. We have SSL and DMZ also on this firewall and yes Firewall is also sitting behind it.

@Toshi: Its static.

The Fiber will terminate directly into the FW.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If you don't get any additional IPs/subnet but just one IP from your ISP, you can forget about my question.

ericli_FTNT

capricorn80 wrote:

@ericli_FTNT: The main things to separate traffic VLAN. Right now we dont any thing to stop Intevlan routing but that will come in future. We have SSL and DMZ also on this firewall and yes Firewall is also sitting behind it.

Yes, FGT-100E can be working as a layer-3 device in your network so it can perform inter-VLAN routing for sure. You might be interested with some operation guiding video which you could find on the web-GUI interface of the device. Just simply click the question mark at the top right. Keep in touch when you have any specific question. Enjoy!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors