Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gianluigi
New Contributor II

Servers on LAN not accessible when WAN connection is down

Here is something strange that I can't grasp my head around. I had a WAN connection go down on a 60D, and users also lost connectivity to the file server internally on the LAN. Why would the WAN going down make the server on the LAN unreachable?

- Gianluigi

- Gianluigi
2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Is the local server accessible by IP address, host name, or both? Is the network DNS server running directly on the Fortigate or from local network server where DNS quiries are forwarded to or through the Fortigate?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
gianluigi
New Contributor II

I found the issue, and it turned out to be a bad switch, nothing to do with the FG unit. At the time I posted this, I only had what users were telling me to go off of. Once I went onsite, I found that the switch was freezing up.

- Gianluigi

- Gianluigi
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors