Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dipak
New Contributor

Serial port

Hi guys, I have FGT-80C & i can communicate device in serial/telnet using hyper-terminal/putty in windows OS but not able to serial port connection in Linux using putty or minicom in same setting. Telnet works fine in linux using putty. plz help me to access Fortigate in serial port using minicom . Boud:9600 data bits:8 stop bits:1 Parity:none Control:off
5 REPLIES 5
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Dipak. You likely need to configure minicom to use the correct serial port.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Dipak
New Contributor

Hi Dave yes I have configured minicom same setting that worked in other OS on same PC. Also I can' t access serial consoles for my FGT with other application in that Linux destro. Confusion OS problem, Fortigate or settings??? Thanks for your reply DAVE.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Why would the FGT have a confusion? I agree with the above, your minicom is probably mis-configure. Try using screen and the dev and see if that works' screen /dev/serial0usb 9600,cs8 or whatever the device name

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Dipak
New Contributor

Welcome to minicom 2.6.1 OPTIONS: I18n Compiled on May 1 2012, 10:55:27. Port /dev/ttyS0 Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys Unknown action 0 FGT80C3909626... Running pals its read and write permissions problem on the /dev/ttyS0 file for minicom. thanks Dave Hall , emnoc.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Good job. I find minicom to be a great program to use for terminal emulator on linux.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors