Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Austin_M
New Contributor II

Sending WiFi Password for SSID via SMS

Hi, I have a requirement that when a user connects to the WiFi network, he should get a authentication page on a browser where it should ask the user to enter his name,email and mobile number and then a one time password should be sent to the user via SMS. Could someone please tell me if this is possible only with a Fortigate or do I need to integrate a fortiAuthenticator or FortiWifi to achieve this ? Thanks, Austin
3 REPLIES 3
Austin_M
New Contributor II

please forgive me because the subject is a bit misleading.
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Hi Austin, I' m not aware of any way of getting the users to define their mobile number every time they authenticate to the portal. You are able to create the users locally on the FortiGate with their mobile numbers, and then have them login with their username/password. The FortiGate will send the SMS which they then use to finalise the authentication and get access. Not sure if that would suffice for your requirements though.
Maik
New Contributor II

Look into the FortiAuthenticator. the User can self-register himself with the mobile number. the generated Password is then sent once to the user.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors