Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Gehaktdag
New Contributor

Self-Service portal questions

- Where can i download additional language packs for the FortiAuth Self-Service portal? Im looking for a dutch language pack.

- Is it possible to reset remote LDAP passwords with the FA? I configured all but when i enter a username or email address the FA keeps telling me there is no such user or email address.

3 REPLIES 3
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Gehaktdag wrote:

- Where can i download additional language packs for the FortiAuth Self-Service portal? Im looking for a dutch language pack.

The ones which are embedded are the only ones available currently, however, if you would like to help us translate to Dutch, PM me and I can provide you with the files which can then be incorporated in a later release (same goes for other languages).

Gehaktdag wrote:

- Is it possible to reset remote LDAP passwords with the FA? I configured all but when i enter a username or email address the FA keeps telling me there is no such user or email address.

Currently FAC only supports password reset for local accounts.  However, the forthcoming 4.0 (Early July ETA) will extend this capability out to AD also.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Gehaktdag
New Contributor

Oke thanks. Can you provide me the langague pack files please?

Gehaktdag

Is there any extended documentation about the self service portal? I cant seem to get this work in 4.0. In testing with resetting PW with Windows AD but for some reason i get the same errors as in version 3 of the FAC. 

Attempted to reset the password for <user>, but the user does not exist.

Its still looking for local users in stead of AD users. 

According to the documentation it says:

Note that the following conditions are required for this password change scenario to work: l FortiAuthenticator has joined the Windows AD domain or l Secure LDAP is enabled and the LDAP admin (i.e. regular bind) has the permissions to reset user passwords

Both rules apply to my FAC but i dont see how to get this working... And how is this even gonna work? New password is being send to users emailaddress who forgot theyr password and cant enter theyr emailbox? I'd like user to give up some ref point like employee number or sth like that (any AD attribute). Is that even possible? Or send the sms with with sessionlink to a password portal not sure yet what to use.

And apart from this are there any plans for geolocating? (Splunk?)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors