Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jay_Libove
Contributor

Section view is currently disabled

FG100D, FortiOS 5.0.4. I see comments from FortiOS 4 about a global config variable to force section view to be available, but this global variable is not available in FortiOS 5.0.4. When I enter Policy -> Policy -> Policy I always get an orange bar at the top saying " Section view is currently disabled" I' m not sure whether I want to see things in section view - I' d like section view to be not disabled so that I could try it and see if I like it - but above all I need to get rid of that orange bar because it appears every time and it gets in the way until it is manually dismissed. ? What is the FortiOS 5 (5.0.4) equivalent to the old FortiOS 4 " config system global" , " set gui-policy-interface-pairs-view enable" ? ? What would " section view" give me different from the imposed global view which I' m presently seeing? I think it would allow me to filter the Policies display to show only policies applying to certain interfaces, right? Might be useful. thank you, -Jay
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Section View display policies grouped by interface pairs. IMHO this is much clearer to survey than a full table ' all in one' . I cannot tell with certainty if there is such a parameter in FOS 5.0. Possibly the display is chosen automatically if required: if you use the ' any' interface, there would be no section view.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Check to see if any Firewall Address item has an interface set to ' ANY' . That may be your issue.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Fullmoon
Contributor III

maybe you have multiple polices which source/dst address and src int/dst int set to ANY

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors