Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Secondary IP NAT on external Interface.

Hi, I have assigned a secondary IP address on teh FGT 200 box with build 320. Can I use this IP address to send my the packets outside ? Bassically I want to NAT using IP address ? Has anyone been successfull in doing this ? Regards, Vijay Kumar.
2 REPLIES 2
Adrian_Lewis
Contributor

IP Pools - set this secondary IP address as an IP pool using a /32 subnet mask. Then on your firewall policies, tick the box for dynamic IP pool and select the pool you just set up.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Please let me know why it has to have a /32 subnet mask ? Basically this is what we are trying to achieve - a solution to conect TWO ISP with Load sharing and Failover capabilities. FGT Ext Interface -------> Public IP of ISP1--> eth0/0->Cisco 2621 Router->ISP1 Secondary IP|-------> Public IP of ISP2 --> eth0/1->Cisco 2621 Router->ISP2 Let me know you thoughts on this please. Regards, Vijay Kumar.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors