Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Scripting FortiClient VPN profiles

Hi all, Let me start off by start off by saying please don' t knock me (at least too hard) on the logic of this one - I know it' s weird and their are other easy means of doing what I am attempting to achieve; but I' m trying to remove the usual problem of the thing that sits and controls the keyboard. On the rare occassion, I need to make a slight modification to the FortiClient VPN profiles on the user' s computer. I don' t want to: * provide the users with instructions of how to do it as there are some of them who consider themselves " experts" or " IT literate" and will end up playing with the settings and mess things up. * have to recreate all of the profiles and give the profiles to the users to import as some of the users are just too ignorant to actually get it right and there is just too many profiles to do it. So, my question is - is there a way script changes to the FortiClient VPN profiles? Or is there another easy method to apply the changes to the VPN profiles? Thanks in advance! James
4 REPLIES 4
red_adair
New Contributor III

For VPN - you could use " policy VPN" instead. This would download the IKE params from the FGT. Check the Releasenotes of the latest release - has to be enabled through CLI. Otherwise: All the settings are stored in the Win Registry - you could change the values there too. -R.
Not applicable

OKay - thanks - I' ll look into this....
zantek
New Contributor II

VPN policies are simply registry keys and values. You could use regedit /s to import reg keys silently (eg. in a login script).
Not applicable

Thanks for help - it definitely is a step forward. What if I am just wanting to change someone' s password or preshared key? How can I do that without setting up their profile, exporting the registry setting and getting the script to reimport it? I can see there is a registry entry for it, but it looks encrypted
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors