Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SRaudi
New Contributor II

Schedules in web proxy stopped working when upgrade 7.2.3 -> 7.2.4

Hi,

i'm using a 100E in my homeoffice and for the children i have created a few proxy policies with URL filter whitelists with different schedules.

For example:

19:00 - 16:00 minimal internet access

16:00 - 18:00 allowed web pages and youtube

18:00 - 19:00 allowed internet access without youtube

All had woked perfect with 7.2.3 and now it seems that the scheduling has stopped working.

Now after updating to 7.2.4, it was 16:05 and youtube should work, but in the log i see that youtube was blocked because of a policy which had a schedule from 18:00 to 19:00. I disabled all other policies except the one for youtube access and then the policy was used.

Has here something changed in the design or is this a bug?

1 Solution
SRaudi
New Contributor II

Hello,

regarding the release notes of the 7.2.5, i hope the bug is fixed:

Firewall schedule does not work as expected with a proxy policy.

I will test and report...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello SRaudi,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
SRaudi
New Contributor II

Hello,

regarding the release notes of the 7.2.5, i hope the bug is fixed:

Firewall schedule does not work as expected with a proxy policy.

I will test and report...

srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Can you check if it is related to DST changes? If not, we may need to open a ticket with support and report as a bug.

config system global
    set timezone <integer>
    set dst {enable | disable}
end

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.13/cookbook/512210/setting-the-system-time

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

SRaudi
New Contributor II

Thank you for the answers, i will check in the next day's, im on vacation until april 7. But i have remote access...

SRaudi
New Contributor II

DST is not configured, only the timezone...

Alwx
New Contributor

In version 7.2.3 the command set dst enable is not present anymore! In my fortianalyzer I also can see that the time differs with 1h (device time is 1h behind the date/time field).

Seems to be a bug!?

ryan_www
New Contributor III

Are you all still experiencing this issue in 7.2.6?  I might have the same issue with proxy policies set on a schedule.

SRaudi
New Contributor II

My issue was resolved in 7.2.5. Now i have upgraded to a 100F and using 7.4.1, so can't tell something regarding 7.2.6.

ryan_www
New Contributor III

Good deal, thanks for the response!  I was about to open a support case, but I just edited the schedule that was not working, changed it from weekdays to none and then back to weekdays and now it works again.  Maybe somehow the bug fix was not applied until I did that.

EDIT: Looks like the fix was only temporary.  If I make a change to the schedule it applies right away, but when the schedule is set to end it won't kick in automatically.   I'm going to open a support case.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors