Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kenundrum
Contributor III

Scheduled Restart?

Is it possible to schedule a router reboot? I find that my 60Bs have problems forwarding DNS requests after 30-45 days of uptime. I want to prevent that by scheduling a reboot once a month in the middle of the night.

CISSP, NSE4

CISSP, NSE4
4 REPLIES 4
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello, schedule or cron a task in one machine that connect to your box and execute for example a CLI batch command or directly ' execute reboot' cli command. If you are not managing your 60b' s pool, there' re workarounds in the forum using scripts (expect language is the best imho) to manage login to the boxes from external pc' s hope it helps.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
red_adair
New Contributor III

There is no " by specific day" schedule, but a " by every day" :
 #config system global
 #set daily restart ena
 #set restart time hh:mm
 #end

-R.
abelio

ORIGINAL: red.adair There is no " by specific day" schedule, but a " by every day" :
 #config system global
 #set daily restart ena
 #set restart time hh:mm
 #end

-R.
new things to learn everyday! thanks for the tip red.adair

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Yngve0
New Contributor II

Tray Kiwi Cattools on a Windows server. It is free for until 5 devices and there you can schedule frequent reboot (monthly?) beside regular backup. Y
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors