Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ankhanon
New Contributor

Same vlan on same physical interface in different vdoms

Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum and start to deal with Fortigate.

On my Fortigate 310B, i have 3 vdoms and i have to configure the same vlan in each of the vdoms.

This vlan is on one physical port, the same for all my vdoms.

Trying to push this configuration , the fortigate did not accept it, that's not really surprising.

Do you have any idea how i can find a way to do that? Or tell me if it's possible or not?

Thanks !

3 REPLIES 3
aagrafi
Contributor II

I understand that you want to configure multiple VLANs in the same port with the same VLAN ID, right?

I think this configuration is not supported. Simply put, if you have multiple VLANs in the same port with the same VLAN ID:

a. How can the upstream switch have the same VLAN ID for multiple VLANs in the same port?

b. How can the FortiGate do the VDOM to VLAN mapping, if all VLANs in same port have same VLAN ID?

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What your asking is NOT doable. A interface can only be part of one vdom, a subinterface tag can NOT be reused for the same interface

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
vinisantos_FTNT

Hello, Just to make sure people looking for this information finds it.

It actually IS possible to accomplish this via emac-vlan.

Please find additional configuration information on this link. And more information here.

I haven't checked when the feature has been implemented but I can confirm it's available at least on FortiOS 6.0, 6.2 and 6.4.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors