Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Forti-Mon
New Contributor III

Same VLAN's on multiple switches

We have 2 fortiswitches for wireless AP's

1 switch is installed

When i come to installing the second switch, I just want the same VLAN's available for the WIFI.

Is this achievable?

Do I just create the same VLANs? 

I have a feeling it will tell me they are already in use. 
I read about Subnet overlap....is this something I need to enable?

Thanks

1 Solution
ebilcari

The topology will depend on the network requirements. You can find a list of suggested topologies in the guide. In this simple scenario, I think you can choose one of these options:

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Spanning same VLAN IDs over different switches is a normal/most common configuration. How are the switch connected to each other, is there a FGT that manages them?

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Forti-Mon
New Contributor III

Yes the Fortigate is the Manager of the switches

Do I need to connect the switches to each other as well as to the Fortigate?

Thanks

ebilcari

The topology will depend on the network requirements. You can find a list of suggested topologies in the guide. In this simple scenario, I think you can choose one of these options:

- Emirjon
Forti-Mon
New Contributor III

Excellent, thank you

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors