Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Žydrūnas
New Contributor III

Same FortiGate subnets for multiple endpoint users

Hello to all,

i have a difficult task to do. I need to create same subnets for multiple endpoint users and isolate those subnets without using multiple routers firewalls.

Can't figure out how to do it and if it is possible at first place.

ydrnas_0-1665123907353.png

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
gfleming

OK initially it sounded like you just wanted to separate the traffic from the equipment that was being worked on to avoid duplicate IP warnings and issues. Now it sounds like you want these pieces of equipment to be able to route through the firewall. Is that the case? As in these pieces of equipment need to be able to reach outside networks, not just the technician's laptop?

But if you only need local access from tech laptop to equipment, you do not need to create the L3 interface on the FGT.

If you need devices to route beyond the FortiGate you will probably need to use VDOMs.

If you do not need devices to route beyond the FGT, why can't you create one VLAN for the equipment to plug into (with a primary IP only) and another VLAN for the tech laptop to plug into (with a primary IP only). I'm not sure why you are trying to use secondary IP addresses.

Cheers,
Graham
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors