Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jr14
New Contributor III

SYNC fortiswitch

There is a  CLI command to force the FSW NTP SYNC again to my FGT NTP

I have my Fswitch managed Through my FGT.

FortiSwitch 

1 Solution
AEK

I don't have the exact answer for that but I have a workaround for you.

FSW $ config system ntp 
FSW (ntp) $ set syncinterval 1

This will ensure that your FSW sends a NTP sync request every minute, so you are certain that it will sync within 1m.

After completion you may restore the syncinterval value to the default value of 10.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
6 REPLIES 6
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @jr14 ,

Can you describe the problem with a few more words? 

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
jr14
New Contributor III

The switches are not synchronizing with the FGT ntp, i did some change on the fortilink dhcp server, so i would to know if there are a command to execute in the cli in my switch to Force it again to sync up with the ntp, i also know that i can reboot the switch but in this case it is not possible to do that. 

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

The managed FSW sync its time directly from the FG without additional config.

You can check with this command:

diag sys ntp status

AEK
AEK
jr14
New Contributor III

Yes, i know. But i did some change in regard to the dhcp server on the fortilink interface because the switches are not synchronizing with the FGT ntp, so i would to know if there are a command to execute in the cli in my switch to Force it again to sync up. 

ebilcari

If you can't restart the switch, you can try to kill the NTP process and it will start again (search for the PID of /bin/ntpd):

# fnsysctl ps
# diag sys kill 9 <pid>

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
AEK

I don't have the exact answer for that but I have a workaround for you.

FSW $ config system ntp 
FSW (ntp) $ set syncinterval 1

This will ensure that your FSW sends a NTP sync request every minute, so you are certain that it will sync within 1m.

After completion you may restore the syncinterval value to the default value of 10.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors