Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mburgess
New Contributor

SSLVPN unable to connect to network hosts

Hi,

Fortigate 60C running v5.2.3,build670.

I have setup the SSL VPN as documented on the Fortigate cookbook and other websites. I have the following address objects defined:

Local_LAN : 192.168.50.0

SSLVPN : 10.212.134.0

Policy objects are in place for:

ssl.root -> Local_LAN

Local_LAN -> ssl.root

Route is in place for 10.212.134.0 on ssl.root

I can connect successfully to the VPN and open a tunnel. When I try to ping a host on the 192.168.50 network I get the message "reverse path check fail, drop" in the diagnostic output. I am not sure if this is the root cause of the problem or there is another issue.

Connecting over IPSEC works as expected with no issues. 

I am not sure where to go with this - I have spent 3 days going over the config and re-implementing however I always end up with the same problem. Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
cbehan
New Contributor

Hi Mark,

I realize that this is an old post but I'm having the exact same issue.  Did you ever find a solution for this?

Regards,

Craig

cbehan
New Contributor

I just figured out my issue.  I had been using the web interface to configure the SSL VPN but when I reviewed the config in the CLI, I found that my ssl.root interface was set to DOWN.  Nowhere in the GUI did I see this.  In fact, the ssl.root interface does not appear under interfaces in the GUI (v5.2.7) like it did in previous versions. Anyway, setting ssl.root to UP resolved my issue.

Cheers.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors