Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BensonLEI
Contributor

SSLVPN idle-timer not working

Hi, guys,

It has been frustrated about this configuration; the sslvpn idle-timer is still not working.

I configured all related parameters/attributes as the following weblink:

Technical Tip: SSL-VPN Idle-timeout not working

My network configuration as below:

1.  Fortigate 100E with FortiOS v7.2.4.

1.1. SSLVPN Client DNS same as Client

1.2. SSLVPN idle-timeout 300

2. FortiClient VPN v7.0.8.xxx

3. Windows 10 home

3.1. "SSDP Discovery" is disabled

3.2  "LLMNR" is disabled

But the SSLPVN idle-timer is still working, any recommendation, many thanks ?

With regards

Benson

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Those are multicast traffic Windows/Mac or whatever the OS is and applications/drivers running on the OS are sending on network interfaces (239.255.255.250 is for Upnp(Universal Plug and Play)). So if you want to stop them, you have to do something on the client machine side. But you might not be able to.

I don't know if there is a way to exclude multicast packets at least from the counter's counting for "idle-timer". Wait for somebody else's comment who knows about it.

Toshi

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BensonLEI

Hi, Toshi,

Thanks so much for your prompt response and detailed explanation.

So the Fortigate sslvpn idle-timer starts to count down/trigger at the condition of absolutely no tunnel traffic. 

May I know if anything keeps monitoring the sslvpn tunnel alive ( or it is supposedly the tunnel works forever once it starts, until auth-timeout or manual logout, or extreme conditions - ).

I searched for some articles of similar devices, they also have the same issues:

1. https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClxFCAS
2. https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2268374-sonicwall-netextender-inactivity-timeout

3. ....

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors