Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bamather
New Contributor

SSLVPN disconnect but doesn't reconnect

New to fortigate VPN and found out if the user loses internet for just 10 seconds the VPN will disconnect and they have to go through the login and MFA process. Is there a setting to have them reconnect without authentication if they only disconnected to less then 30 seconds?

We are using the free VPN client right now as I don't need other features like AV/Webfilter/ect.  Looking at bying the full version but not sure if it will help.

Someone mentioned set tunnel-connect-without-reauth enable but not finding much info about it.  Is there a time out setting that goes along with this?

2 REPLIES 2
Fullmoon
Contributor III

have you tried to check the ff settings

VPN>SSL-VPN Portals <Portal Name> and enable the ff options.

Allow client to save password

Allow client to connect automatically

Allow client to keep connections alive

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
bamather

Yes all those settings are all turned on.   It seems to only be people with spotty internet connections and they get upset when they have to reauth and go through MFA again when they get kicked off for 10 seconds.  Anyconnect used to say "reconnecting" and it would auto reconnect within 1 min.  After a min it would consider tunnel down and if they reconnected they would have to reauth and go through MFA.   I think this is what i need set tunnel-connect-without-reauth enable but want to learn more about the setting before I enable it.  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors