Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
guygox
New Contributor

SSL negociation failed

Hi, I have a problem while using bookmarks on SSL portal. When I want to log I have an error message : " ssl negociation failed, check your fortigate configuration" . I don' t have this issue while I modify the bookmark by erasing password. But it comes back everytime I log out. By default it should have no password because it' s a bookmark for all user. On my browser I can see connect to : IP -m fr XXXX The problem seems to be the XXXX. I use the last OS : 5.0 0228 on my fortinet 60C Note : If I use the " connection Tool" by just choosing RDP, putting the IP server, keyboard Layout it works. Does anybody has the same problem??
8 REPLIES 8
guygox
New Contributor

.0 0228 on my fortinet 60C Note : If I use the " connection Tool" by just choosing RDP, putting the IP server, keyboard Layout it works. Does anybody has the same problem??
Anyone has the same problem?
Marco
New Contributor III

Hi, i have the same problem with a 300C after the installation of FortiOS 5.0.5 (build 252). With FortiOS 5.0.3 (build 208) everything works like a charm. Anyone else with this problem?
John58
New Contributor

Hello all, yes we get the same problem. Since 5.0.4 I get this error. Fortinet Support told me, they will fix it in 5.0.5. But tests show me, they didn' t fix it. We get the error on all kind of boxes from 40C to 300C. All of our customers are affected. Launching RDP session... Connect to 10.30.5.5 -f -m de XXXX This give a Java exception error. The " XXXX" seems to cause it.
brianmac64
New Contributor

Hello all, yes we get the same problem. Since 5.0.4 I get this error. Fortinet Support told me, they will fix it in 5.0.5. But tests show me, they didn' t fix it. We get the error on all kind of boxes from 40C to 300C. All of our customers are affected. Launching RDP session... Connect to 10.30.5.5 -f -m de XXXX This give a Java exception error. The " XXXX" seems to cause it.
Getting the same thing here (ie the " XXXX" thing). One thing that I noticed is that if you use the connection tool, it works! Go figure, obviously a bug. Hopefully a fix is quickly forthcoming... ;) EDIT: currently running a pair of 200B' s A-A 5.0.5 EDIT2:
guygox wrote--- Note : If I use the " connection Tool" by just choosing RDP, putting the IP server, keyboard Layout it works. Does anybody has the same problem??
Whoops, how did I miss this ;)
moo?
moo?
oheigl
Contributor II

Hi Guys, it' s a known bug, you can workaround with this: Connect to the CLI and edit the SSL-VPN bookmark. Then set this option: set additional-params <ipaddressofhost> This sets additional parameters after the RDP command, so after the XXXX. This is a dirty way but it works. The bug should be fixed in Patch 6 I think
guygox
New Contributor

Thank you Oheigl, it does the trick but as you said it' s not very clean. Iwas hoping it will be solved quick but..MR5 does not solve it
Steve_Fuller
New Contributor III

set additional-params <ipaddressofhost>
Not fixed in 5.0.6
oheigl
Contributor II

It is fixed, remove the custom command I provided and try again. In our lab it' s working fine with OS 5 Patch 6
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors