Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yeowkm99
Contributor

SSL invalid cert when accessing HTTPS site

i am getting the following SSL error message from my fortigate firewall when i access some FTP and HTTPS sites. 

how can i by-pass this error message ?

This Connection is Invalid. SSL certificate expired.
A secure connection to ftpsin.emc.com cannot be established.

When you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

Site ftpsin.xxxx.com
Certificate CN ftpsin.xxxx.com
Certificate Authority Entrust Certification Authority - L1K
Certificate Validity
Not Before: Nov 6 22:29:54 2020 GMT
Not After: Nov 6 22:29:54 2021 GMT

1 Solution
smayank
Staff
Staff
3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If you have an account at  Dell EMC you should complain about the expired cert.

If you wan to bypass it until they fixes the invalid cert issue, use an editable SSL/SSH inspection profile like "custom-deep-inspection", or better create a new one yourself, then set Expired certificates option under Common Options section from the default: Block to either "Keep Untrusted & Allow" or "Trust & Allow". You can easily guess the difference between two selections. I just tested it myself so it should work.

Toshi

pavankr5
Staff
Staff

Hello @yeowkm99 

The SSL error message you are encountering indicates that the SSL certificate presented by the website has expired. In this case, bypassing the error message is not recommended because it indicates a security risk.

Thanks

smayank
Staff
Staff
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors