Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
reneaksess
New Contributor

SSL-VPN triggering a IPS upd_flood (i think)

Hi y'll

I've got this challenge with a lot of alert emails from my fortigate. It looks like it's triggered trough the DoS IpV4 policy on WAN1. If I read and analize the message i see it's from a customer that uses SSL-VPN connection to our center. It's not just one customer but several that can trigger. I raised the treshold for this DoS IpV4 from 2000 to 3500 and it reduced the amount of mails :) . I can of course raise it even higher or just turn it off but that's not a good solution because I want to understand what happens. I see that it seems to be in connection with the logon (but not 100% sure).

i post the Alert and hope somebody can give me a hint or a solution

Message meets Alert condition

The following intrusion was observed: "udp_flood".

date=2018-06-18 time=12:00:56 devname=FGT92D-prim-SMS devid=FGT92D3G1400xxxx logid="0720018432" type="anomaly" subtype="anomaly" level="alert" vd="root" eventtime=1529316056 severity="critical" srcip=79.160.97.xxx srccountry="Norway" dstip=193.71.1xx.xxx srcintf="wan1" srcintfrole="undefined" sessionid=0 action="clear_session" proto=17 service="udp/10443" count=137 attack="udp_flood" srcport=53797 dstport=10443 attackid=285212772 policyid=1 policytype="DoS-policy" ref="http://www.fortinet.com/ids/VID285212772" msg="anomaly: udp_flood, 3501 > threshold 3500, repeats 137 times" crscore=50 crlevel="critical"

Kind regards 

4 REPLIES 4
St_Becker
New Contributor

Same behavior on our system.

edwinbaloyi
New Contributor

I am having the same problem

I had to turn it off for the UDP-Flood cause it was causing a problem for SSL-VPN users

but then we had a a real udp attack which affected the CPU for several hours, I now need to explain this to the client

jay317

I'm experiencing the same thing.  Have you found a solution to this?  Out of curiosity do you have DTLS enabled in the forticlient?

guinfox
New Contributor

any solution?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors