Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
minghl37
New Contributor

SSL VPN Tunneling

I am looking to configure SSL VPN tunnel for web browsing while traveling on firmware v4.0 MR3 Patch 18. I am able to connect with FortiClient (confirmed in client and SSL-VPN Monitor), but when trying to reach any address (e.g. www.google.com), nothing gets through.

I have configured the following: 1) User Group Allow SSL-VPN Access= full-access (this is just selects web portal, right?) with Member(s) added.

2) Static Route Destination IP/Mask= 10.212.134.0/255.255.255.0 (SSLVPN_TUNNEL_ADDR1) Device= ssl.root

3a) Policy ssl.root -> wan1 Source= sslvpn tunnel interface/SSLVPN_TUNNEL_ADDR1 Destination= wan1/all Action= ACCEPT No NAT

3b) Policy wan1 -> ssl.root Source= wan1/all Destination= sslvpn tunnel interface/SSLVPN_TUNNEL_ADDR1 Action= SSL-VPN User Group= ssl-tunnel

What am I missing? Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Need a NAT for ssl.root->wan1.

minghl37

Same results if I "Enable NAT" with "Use Destination Interface Address" (cannot select Use Dynamic IP Pool). No traffic gets through.

Toshi_Esumi

It's been a while since we were using 4.3.18 (3 years ago) and SSL VPN config has changed quite a bit with 5.0 then 5.2 so I don't remember well. But I would start debugging with traceroute from the client and sniffing at FG, then eventually flow debugging at FG why it drops if it's reaching the FG. I would guess it's a simple policy or routing issue.

Toshi_Esumi

One more important tool I would use is "app debug", or "diag debug app sslvpn -1".

rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Are you trying to use split tunneling where Internet traffic goes out the remote Internet path, or do you want the Internet traffic to pass through the tunnel and out the HQ FGT?

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
minghl37
New Contributor

Not looking to split tunnel, just pass all internet traffic through tunnel and out HQ FGT.

minghl37
New Contributor

Not looking to split tunnel, just pass all internet traffic through tunnel and out HQ FGT.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors