Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mwkirk
New Contributor

SSL VPN SMB Share

I have this feature and while it works fine I can only select single files for download and upload.  Is there something I need to enable in order to transfer entire folders and multiple files back and forth?

I have developers that are connecting through the portal and they need to copy folders containing new Code up to a deployment server.  I thought this would be a good option but would be very tedious to only move a single file at a time.

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

I'm not sure if this will help but it might give you a start.

In these posts on the forum 1, 2 and on stackoverflow 3 several configs were suggested:

1- instead of 'user@server.domain.tld' use 'user@ipaddress_of_server'

2- use 'DOMAIN\username' to connect

3- add the local domain in the SSLVPN portal config on the FGT:

config vpn ssl settings 
   set dns-suffix mydomain.local

end

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
mwkirk

Yeah I have all that and the login part works fine and I can get to the share.  I guess my issue is that it seems to be lacking in functionality.  I can only move a single file up or down at a time.  I think that is just the way it is and there is no way to move entire directories or multiple files at one time.  I was just grasping to see if maybe there was something I was missing.  This particular user is having issues with the VPN Client so was hoping to provide this as a workaround.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors