Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
elcotrade
New Contributor

SSL VPN Portal - HTML5 RDP Broker Connection

Hy Guys,

i have a server 2016 remotedesktopserverfarm with 2 RemoteDesktopServers and one Windows-RemoteDesktopBroker, which redirects the user to the correct RemoteDesktopServer.

When i create SSL VPN bookmarks (RDP - Port 3389) to both terminalserver directly, it works - but it's a 50:50 chance to get the server where the user is loaded. When I create a bookmark to the broker, it don't work -> Connection refused.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Manuel Wagner

17 REPLIES 17
Philippe_Gagne
Contributor

Hi,

I confirmed yesterday with product manager that this feature is not currently implemented. NFR (New Feature Request) have been asked to support RDS farm. Cross fingers! :)

Philippe 

elcotrade

hi,

that would be great! Thanks for the reply!

Manuel

Bert_Mulder

Isn't this the way the Connection Broker is supposed to work? I mean, even without the SSL VPN you would have the same result because of load balancing?

srevol

Hello

Any news on this NFR ? 

I have a farm with 3 RDP servers and will upgrade to 4 soon, the propability to reach the good server is now 33% and will descrease !

@Bert : you right , the windows broker load balacing  do its job and loadbalance server-1 and server-2 :) 

but in the SSL VPN portal case :

- you reach server-1

- broker redirect you to server-2 if needed

- it seems that the SSL VPN portal does not understand the redirect and stop the connexion.

so clearly, we need this NFR

BR

Stéphane

kubimike
New Contributor III

Hi where are we on this NFR ? I am on 2008 R2 with a 9 server farm and can't get connected either. Same issues as described above. We were about to buy Fortitokens, thankfully I tested this first. Its a show stopper. Support ticket #3801604

kubimike
New Contributor III

More info anyone have a clue ? Fortigate Bug ID #444410

kubimike
New Contributor III

For anyone watching, Tier 2 support was very helpful in finding the issue. It lays with GUACD. Anyone else having this issue could you dump your output here to confirm? 

commands used to find the problem

diag debug console timestamp enable

diag debug duration 0

diag debug application sslvpn -1

diag debug application guacd -1

MoparRob

I'm working on the same issue and I think I figured it out.

What you need to do is as follows:

1) Create a common internal DNS record for each RDSH server. eg:

farm1.corp.com - <internal IP of RDSH server 1>

farm1.corp.com - <internal IP of RDSH server 2>

2) Configure your SSL VPN bookmark to point to farm1.corp.com

From here, the system should handle the load balancing automatically and connect you to the RDS servers every time.

kubimike
New Contributor III

Interesting, well I can go to the terminal and use the ping command from my FG against my farm and it works. Do you have your FG connected to your DNS server? Also take one of the RDS offline with the drain command. see if the loadbalancing truly works. What version of Windows server?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors