Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Newbie77
New Contributor

SSL VPN Client frequent disconnects

We have our users on the SSLVPN client version 4.0.2281 connecting to the 100D patch 2 appliance. Some users are having issues with keeping a solid connection. In the middle of the day they notice that they are not connected and have to manually connect to the SSLVPN again. Another issue is when a user initially connects, the client status says " Connected" but they are unable to access the internal resources. They have to disconnect then reconnect then everything is fine. Anyone have a similar experience?
8 REPLIES 8
simonorch
Contributor

what firmware is your Fg on? I' ve just hit stability issues on a 600C cluster with 5.0.3, it looks like the connection gets dropped fortigate side as traffic is still being passed down the tunnel but with no traffic back. It' s not a line issue it seems as i had two different win7 machines up with two different types of forticlient up and on different wan lines, they both dropped out continuosly anywhere between 45 seconds and 5 minutes but at different times.

NSE8
Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
billp
Contributor

hey both dropped out continuosly anywhere between 45 seconds and 5 minutes but at different times.
Ouch. That' s frustrating. I' m just about to start some live testing of 5.0.3 on a 600C (non cluster). I' ll see if I get the same issues.

Bill ========== Fortigate 600C 5.0.12, 111C 5.0.2 Logstash 1.4.1

Bill ========== Fortigate 600C 5.0.12, 111C 5.0.2 Logstash 1.4.1
anru
New Contributor

Do you get same issue also with last firmware version??
simonorch
Contributor

In my case it could be related to how i' ve got my vdoms set up. I' ve a transparent vdom in front and a series of nat\route vdoms behind with vlinks the wan (ie ssl vpn) Interface is on a vlink and i wonder if it' s a little shaky. i' ve also got an l2tp vpn on the same interface and it seems to be much more stable.

NSE8
Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
odca
New Contributor

I' m having the same problem since upgraded to 5.0.3. 60C running a single vdom. All looks ok, but vpn conatantly drops. I' ve did some tests and pings from my office (diferrent machine than the one on SSL VPN conneciton) to the FG drops when VPN drops. but ping from the remote network to internet are unnaffected. nothing on logs...
Oscar Carrasco, CISSP, FCNSP
Oscar Carrasco, CISSP, FCNSP
Newbie77
New Contributor

I' m on 5.0. It' s disappointing that alot of admins are having similar issues on this version. I hope that FGT looks into this real soon. It' s very frustrating.
anru
New Contributor

Did someone solve problem of SSL VPN disconnection?
Newbie77
New Contributor

Since I' ve upgraded to patch 4 I have not had this problem.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors