Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dasilva13
New Contributor

SSL Email connection

Has anyone connected the email server on the FortiAnalyzer to an SSL encrypted mail server? just seems like something basic that should be allowed. In my case, I am trying to connect to TLS to Office365.
4 REPLIES 4
jlozen
New Contributor

I tried to get FAZ to send email alerts using gmail and couldn' t get it to authenticate. The thread I created HERE explains some of the steps I tried, but with pcaps of the communication between the FAZ and Gmail servers it looks like a fortinet implementation issue. I don' t have any official confirmation from anyone at fortinet on that though. I was able to get the alerts to work using unauthenticated unencrypted messages, but being so insecure I only did that as a test.

Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

Can you successfully send an email from another MTA in the same location to Google via TLS? Do you have SPF record published for your sender IP address in your DNS zone? Google does a lookup for the records of the connecting host and rejects emails if the email EHLO sends incorrect domain message or if you have no SPF configured. Did you configure email whitelist as per https://support.google.com/a/answer/60751? Also have you tried to send email to other external mail providers via TLS and did that work?
Michael_Ledet
New Contributor

If you haven' t tested w/o TLS yet. Do you have reverse PTR records setup in DNS?
dasilva13
New Contributor

Reverse PTR is setup correctly. Largest issue here is that you can' t seem to enable TLS/SSL encryption for email as this is required for the security and connecting to Office 365.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors