Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hmir
New Contributor II

SSL CLI missing in version 5.2.0.0591?

Hello, We have been using the CLI that the FortiSSLVPNClient.exe application used to provide, but ever since the update to version 5.2.0.0591, FortiSSLVPNClient.exe is not a file anymore. We have tried to use the same arguments with the new FortiClient.exe file, but it has not been working out. Is there a method to get a CLI for the SSL VPN part of Forticlient? The VPN (IPSec) command line is still working, but we need both to be working. Thank you in advance.
10 REPLIES 10
Nihas
New Contributor

hello Hmir, Are you looking for CLI commands for configuring SSL VPN? Before how did you use CLI for VPN Client?
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
hmir
New Contributor II

We used to use the CLI to connect to the specified SSLVPN connection. The parameters were as follows:
 To start a connection, enter the follwoing command:
     FortiSSLVPNclient  connect  [-s <connection settings name>]
                 [-h <sslvpn server>[:<port>]]
                 [-u <sslvpn username>[:<password>]]
                 [-c <certificate subject>[:<issuer>]]

Is there any equivalent in the new version? These commands don' t work on FortiClient.exe.
Nihas
New Contributor

Are you able to see the ForticlientSSLvpn.exe in the installed directory? I will up grade and let' s see whether its a machine specific one or common one..
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
hmir
New Contributor II

Both us and our client, after upgrading to version 5.2.0.0591 do not see the FortiSSLVPNClient.exe file. Thank you for the help.
Warren_Olson_FTNT

Hello, You must download the file " FortiClientTools_5.2.0.0591.zip" from the support site which includes the SSLVPN cmdline utility you are looking for. Good luck!
hmir
New Contributor II

Thank you, I have one last problem with this, I can only find the download for FortiClientTools_4.3.3.0445.zip (link: http://helpdesk.netcentral.co.uk/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=192 ), but I cannot find one for the latest version. Can you help me find a download link to it?
Warren_Olson_FTNT

You should be able to download it from https://support.fortinet.com/Download/FirmwareImages.aspx. Choose FortiClient as the product and click Download tab. If you don' t have an account you will need to create one.
hmir
New Contributor II

Is it possible to download the tools without a support contract?
Warren_Olson_FTNT

I believe so but you' d have to verify.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors