Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rikbignell
New Contributor

SSID to use same subnet at internal interface

Hi,

Is it possible to use a Fortiwifi 40C to bridge a wifi SSID with an internal interface so they can use the same subnet?

The document here suggests this is possible with an interface set to type switch but the 40C doesn't seem to allow this command.  Is it because only the larger models support software switches?  Seems unlikely that the 40C cant support this considering all of the Fortigate models come as standard with the internal interfaces bridged together.

http://docs-legacy.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/50/index.html#page/FortiOS%25205.0%2520Help/wifi-ethernet_b...

The command just fails when you enter "set type switch" on a new interface.

We are using a Fortiwifi 40C with the latest v5.2.4 software.

1 Solution
Sylvia
Contributor II

Hey,

did you try following:

config system switch-interface   edit <group_name>     set member <iflist>     set type {hub | switch | hardware-switch}     set vdom <vdom_name> end

Make sure that the interfaces (used for "set member") are not referenced by any firewall policies, DHCP server etc.

Sylvia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sylvia
Contributor II

Hey,

did you try following:

config system switch-interface   edit <group_name>     set member <iflist>     set type {hub | switch | hardware-switch}     set vdom <vdom_name> end

Make sure that the interfaces (used for "set member") are not referenced by any firewall policies, DHCP server etc.

Sylvia

rikbignell

You're a star.  Thats exactly what i need.  Thank you.

gschmitt
Valued Contributor

richard.bignell wrote:

Is it possible to use a Fortiwifi 40C to bridge a wifi SSID with an internal interface so they can use the same subnet?

Uhm ... why not simply create a new SSID and select Traffic Mode: "Local brdige with FortiAP's Interface"?

rikbignell

I tried that but couldnt get it to work. Might have been me missing something.  I used the commands above for creating a software switch and that worked for me.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors