Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dipen
New Contributor III

SSID not broadcaset in FortiAP Bridge Mode

I have created 4 SSIDs; 3 are in Tunnel Mode and 1 is in Bridge Mode. The Wireless Appliances can discover the Tunnel-Mode SSIDs but cannot discover Bridge-Mode SSIDs.

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
14 REPLIES 14
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

What wireless appliances are we talking about? Need some more info on the setup
Dipen
New Contributor III

Hi I mean Wi-Fi Devices as Phones / Laptops etc. The 3 SSIDs in Tunnel Mode are getting detected but the one in Bridge mode is not discovered when I scan for Wi-Fi Networks.

Sean_Toomey_FTNT

Can you please post your config for the bridge mode SSID, making sure to scrub any sensitive info? What FortiGate do you have, what version is it running? Cheers!
-- Sean Toomey, CISSP FCNSP Consulting Security Engineer (CSE) FORTINET— High Performance Network Security
Dipen

I have Fortigate 600C running FortiOS 5.0.7. The Laptops are able to see the Tunnel-Mode SSIDs when I scan for Wi-Fi Networks but Bridge-Mode SSIDs are not discovered.

Nihas
New Contributor

Just a guess. Did you cross check the " administrative status" & Did you apply the SSID in AP profiles? Which AP do you have?
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Dipen
New Contributor III

Yes ! The Admin Status is Up. I am not using Custom AP Profiles.

Sean_Toomey_FTNT

Hi Dipen, We won' t be able to do much else to help without being able to see the config (scrubbed for any sensitive info). Right now it' s blind guessing. Another route would be to open a case with TAC and include the full config backup as well as a diag debug report / exe tac report. I am confident they can get you up and working. Cheers!
-- Sean Toomey, CISSP FCNSP Consulting Security Engineer (CSE) FORTINET— High Performance Network Security
yzhang_FTNT
Staff
Staff

When the automatic profile was introduced, local bridge mode ssid was a new feature, and the firmwares running in many deployed FortiAP did not support this mode. So automatic profile will only push tunnel mode SSIDs to the FortiAP. If you want to configure a local bridge mode SSID on a FortiAP, you need to create a custom AP profile for this AP.
Nihas
New Contributor

hi Yzhang..! that' s not true..! I' m using FortiAP' s ( both Tunnel & Local Bridged ) in default AP Profiles. Mine was working perfect in 5.0.7 , but now having some other problems in 5.2. but not faced such issues so far. Please have a look FGT#show full-configuration wireless-controller wtp FGT#show full-configuration wireless-controller wtp-profiles.
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors