Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mohamed_kamal
New Contributor

SPF

i have one issue with SPF i need to create SPF record on DNS as compatible with fortimail 200D 

At session tab on fortimail i choose enable or disable spf 

i need solution because my ip is poor reputation

please help me

5 REPLIES 5
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What do you mean SPF fortimail? That  would be the SPF checking for inbound mail and would have nothing tod with mail you send outbound if your concern on "your" ip reputation.

FWIW:the inbound inspection allows for agressive or non or strict checks

imho

It's a good ideal to set  SPF for all unused domains or hosts that you don't expect to send mail from that will prevent or help others from spoof'ing mail from your domain/hosts  and if the far ESA  checks SPF records.

If you have  poor reputation,  you can do a host of items &  apply controls on who send mail, filtering and reducing spam in outbound mail, proper  HELO EHLO strings and PTRs, and host of other items.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Mohamed_kamal

yes i have poor reputation but i guess spf is wrong 

i need fix this issue can you  help me to fix it 

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Start with this it pertains more to RBL but in  reality these 10 tips also helps you to gain a positive sender base reputation  score.

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2014/02/10-tips-to-avoid-being-blocked-on-rbl.html

remember reputation is gain by "sending" mail and gaining a positive  reputation score. if you don't send mail you stay in a neutral ( neither good or bad ) ;)

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Mohamed_kamal

ok can you help me to get spf record to add it at DNS that first priority 

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You have  a thousand examples on the internet  that's available from a simple search &  on how to craft a simple SPF records and the meanings

"v=spf1 a mx include:yourmaiilserver1.yourdomain.com ~all"

"v=spf1 mx ip4:75.150.242.72 include:secureserver.net -all"

"v=spf1 mx ip6:201.db8::0/64  -all"

"v=spf1 mx ip6:201.db8::0/64 a:wwww.ipv6example.com  -all"

gmail  is a good example

gmail.com descriptive text "v=spf1 redirect=_spf.google.com"

The tags can be ipv4 ipv6 ptr or a  or exclude or include or all, do a search to understand the tag and the difference in a soft fail or pass or deny.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors