Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AbdullahMohamed
New Contributor

SPAN

Hello dears I searched how i can mirror the decrypted traffic by theses commands Config firewall-policy edit x Set ssl-mirror enable Set ssl-mirror-intf port6 Now my question is : is port6 should be a layer2 or layer3 interface ? Or it wont make any difference My second question is : can i mirror all traffic not only decrypted ? Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

port6 is a layer2 port

And no on the last item, this mirror ssl-inspected packets after decoding.

I believe ( but never have done this ) , you could enable a span session if you have a virt-switch AND mirror-ssl-inspection to the same destination port. So if you need all traffic and decyrpted, try that along with your mirror. 

e.g 

config sys virtual-switch

edit lan

set span enable

set span-dest=port port6

set span-direction both

set span-source-port port1

end

The smaller FGT might not have this feature and CPU%util% could become extremely high but investigate and see what you have and can come up with.

I would do a ran span fwiw at a true l2/l3 switch and let the firewall be a "firewall", but that is my personal preference

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
AbdullahMohamed

So that port6 configuration will be Lan port only ? Or i have to create an interface vlan and add port6 to it ? Or creat la a virtual switch then add port6 to it ?
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Do nothing but leave the port as a default port , no vlan, not part of a virt switch or anything and it would be a SPAN port to deliver the data to your tool or inspection device.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
AbdullahMohamed

I will do the same Thanks a lot dear !
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors