Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Shagma
New Contributor

SPAN and FGT30D

Hi!

According to my google searches, SPAN is supported on Fortigates with HW switch. This document: https://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/3621/SWMTX-560-201704-R21.pdf suggests that a FGT30D has a hardware switch and thereby should support SPAN. Still I am not seeing the Hardware type being available from CLI when i go to config system switch-interface:

FWF30D (internal) # set type switch Switch. hub Hub.

I still tried to configure SPAN on it which it allowed me to do, but I can't get it to work:

config system switch-interface edit "internal" set member "lan1" "lan3" "lan4" set span enable set span-dest-port "lan1" set span-source-port "lan4" next

Firmware is really old at v5.2.3,build670

Any ideas? Is SPAN really supported on such low end device?

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

They changed the software structure some point in 5.2.x related to hardware switch config. But "config system switch-interface" is config for soft-switch.

Best chance would be upgrading it to the last 5.2, which is 5.2.13 then remove them from "switch-interface" and configure them under "config system virtual-interface" if the step-by-step upgrade process doesn't automatically convert the "internal" to hard-switch.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

At least I used SPAN with FG60D or E w/ 5.4.x earlier this year. So I know for sure it works with these models.

Shagma

Thanks guys. Will probably try to upgrade the FW and see how it behaves.

adogra
New Contributor

Hi Guys.   I'm using fortigate 200D firmware 5.4.1 in HA mode. Need to attach Darktrace appliance for network analysis and deep inspection. Could anyone please advice how if I can use fortigate 200 D and span/port mirror to another interface.   2) can I use multiple existing ports like  WAN1, other ports  in firewall to mirror onto 1 interface in FW. That I can use for deep inspection for appliance?   3) If yes to above query how?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors