Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
learner
New Contributor

SOLVED: ESXi Fortigate-VM Deployment

Hey Everyone,
I'm having some issues standing up a ESXi Fortigate-VM instance. The initial configuration seemed straight forward but when I try to login to the GUI with the username 'admin' and no password, I get an authentication failure message. 

Reviewing the documentation, I noticed it said you have to upload a license file. I am currently evaluating the firewall appliance. How do I get a license file for the evaluation? I didn't receive a registration email w/ a code (other than account registration) and when I put in the serial number at https://support.fortinet.com/asset/#/regs/entry it says the serial number in not valid.

Or maybe the initial login issue is unrelated to the license file registration. Could someone advise? 

Solved my own question. Use the password you used to setup fortigate via the CLI. The password is not <blank>. Once there, you should be able to access the dashboard and the license file. 

1 REPLY 1
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Regarding trial licenses you may consider to contact local Fortinet sales representative.

FortiGate
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors