Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
asda
New Contributor

SNMP problem

two fortigate 3240c,v5.4.10,build1220,180821 (GA),created ha . All config is all right.

and i enable these

set ha-mgmt-status enable

set ha-direct enable

when i found both of them had  two conflict snmp-index.

master:port27 and mgmt had the same snmp index

salve:mgmt and vlan11(a logic port) had the same snmp index

So i first do the config on the slave to make sure all snmp-index are independent.

And machine did not reset ,but why the slave sync the master.Usually the slave does not sync the master.

Why it happened.And change snmp-index will not cause the machine reset,right?

master and salve have the same snmp-index with them mgmt,what will it effect?

thank you for your answer

1 Solution
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

When you configure dedicated mgmt interface, the mgmt interface configuration is not synced between the Master and Slave and that's how they maintain different IP address on each node, i believe that could be the reason why you didn't observe SYNC issues (The only issue was with an interface whose config is not supposed to sync).

And change snmp-index will not cause the machine reset,right? No, it is not expected to cause device reset.
master and salve have the same snmp-index with them mgmt,what will it effect? It is not expected to create an issue.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Stephen_G

Hello asda,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

When you configure dedicated mgmt interface, the mgmt interface configuration is not synced between the Master and Slave and that's how they maintain different IP address on each node, i believe that could be the reason why you didn't observe SYNC issues (The only issue was with an interface whose config is not supposed to sync).

And change snmp-index will not cause the machine reset,right? No, it is not expected to cause device reset.
master and salve have the same snmp-index with them mgmt,what will it effect? It is not expected to create an issue.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

asda

thank you very much

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors