Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
HungDT
New Contributor III

SNMP don't response traffic

Hi Everyone,

I have the problem with configure SNMP. I use a pair fortigates model: 201F, version 7.2.7. I config HA mode Active-Passive. So I want to monitor 2 fortigates, I have enable snmp agent and config community snmp v2, config interface administrator access service: snmp, ping, https. Test ping from NMS to Fortigate is successful but when NMS send SNMP get but not receive response packet from Fortigate. Can you help me ? Thanks a lot.

local trafficlocal traffic

1 Solution
srajeswaran

The debug shows the route lookup is happening on vsys_hamgmt vdom, which is default vdom when ha-mgmt is enabled. The interface port5 will be part of root (default vdom) and thats why the SNMP packet is getting dropped. Can you enable "set ha-direct enable" under SNMP community as below and test?

# show system snmp community
config system snmp community
edit 1
set name "hostmonitor"
config hosts
edit 1
set ip 10.5.0.36 255.255.255.255
set ha-direct enable ------>>>>Here
next
end
next
end

Regards,
Suraj
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @HungDT ,

Do you have a trusted host configuration on your admin users?

If you say yes, can you add the IP address of the nms tool to the trusted host configuration? It doesn't matter which administrator account you configure. You can configure it to anyone.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
HungDT
New Contributor III

Hi @ozkanaltas,

it means restric login to trusted hosts on Administrators.

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hi @HungDT ,

If you don't have a trusted host configuration on your admin accounts, you don't need to configure it. This is only valid for those with a trusted host configuration.

Can you run these debug commands via CLI? While running these commands can you poll your device from the NMS tool? After running these commands can you collect output and share it with us? 

diag debug application snmp -1
diag debug enable

However, if you have not configured SNMP Agent settings within the SNMP configuration, Fortigate may not respond to snmp queries.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
HungDT
New Contributor III

Hi @ozkanaltas 

I send you the picture, it shows updating cached loops.

updating cache.jpg

funkylicious
SuperUser
SuperUser

Can you please post the output of the commands,

show system snmp community

show system snmp sysinfo

---------------------------
geek
---------------------------geek---------------------------
HungDT
New Contributor III

i send you picture

check file 1.jpg

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hi @HungDT ,

Can you try to configure SNMP Agent information like that or real information? 

image.png

HungDT
New Contributor III

Hi @ozkanaltas ,

I tried it but it doesn't work. 

funkylicious
SuperUser
SuperUser

are you trying to query a HA dedicated management port ?

if so, please take a look at this, https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-SNMP-walk-getting-failed-when-using-...

geek
---------------------------geek---------------------------
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors