Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SkyLite
New Contributor

SNMP SystemTime

Using SNMP. What key and what OID I have to use to get the systemtime from my box. This to create a trigger which will be fired when the systemtime is to much out of sync. Thanks in advance Leo
7 REPLIES 7
stephen_ren_FTNT

system.sysUpTime :1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3 but this is the uptime since last reboot
SkyLite
New Contributor

Ok..thats right.....but I am realy looking for the SystemTime to see if my box is in sync with the other boxes and servers..to prove the logs are in sync. Thanks Leo
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Here' s the oid YMMV snmpwalk -c public x.x.x.x .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.2 HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemDate = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID I never worried about this, since ntp is running and time sync is pretty much faultless on the fgt.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
SkyLite
New Contributor

It is not that I´m worried about the time sync, but I have to prove that I have some controls on the time sync. All my alarms are created within zabbix. .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.2 is not working . In general I´m using V4MR3P10 on my FGT boxes.
SkyLite
New Contributor

Perhaps this will work fnSysConfigTimeVal OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX DisplayString ( SIZE ( 0 .. 128 ) ) ACCESS read-only STATUS mandatory DESCRIPTION " System time" ::= { fnSysConfigTime 1 } It´s in the fortinet-mib.mib
SkyLite
New Contributor

fnSysConfigTimeVal.0 (Snmp No Such Object) NoSuchObject x.x.x.x:yyy
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

A lot of the oids don' t work or output anything in the fortinet tree. Have you tried to search for any NTP clock specific oids that you might be able to query that shows you if time is value and sync? That might be better over all.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors