Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
leon84
New Contributor

SNAT for fortigate self-originated traffic

Hi to all,

in wich way Can I set a source nat for fortigate self-originated traffic? All policy have an incoming and outcoming interface but the traffic originated by Fortigate itself haven't an incoming interface but only an outcoming interface. 

Thanks to all for the answer

5 REPLIES 5
Sylvia
Contributor II

depends on the fortigate traffic.

E.g. traffic to the FortiAnalyzer:

config log fortianalyzer setting

set source-ip x.x.x.x

end

traffic to the FortiAnalyzer:

config system dns

set source-ip x.x.x.x

end

Have a look into the CLI guide :)

leon84
New Contributor

I used source-ip option with Fortigate NTP connections. But is it the only way to do this one ? Thanks
leon84
New Contributor

I used source-ip option with Fortigate NTP connections. But is it the only way to do this one ? Thanks
leon84
New Contributor

leon84
New Contributor

Sorry for multiple answers but I think forum website has some problems with mobile navigation (iphone). I receive this error in Safari: isn't possible to open website because there are a lot of redirection. 

About my fortigate question I add: I used source-ip option but it permit to set only an ip address assigned to an interface. I would to have SNAT with any ip address. For this raison source-ip option is limited for me. 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors