Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Waleed_Wardany
New Contributor

SMTP Banner & POP3 Banner

220 mail.example.com ESMTP Smtpd; Mon, 1 Oct 2012 19:05:19 +0200 +OK fortimai Server ready.
5 REPLIES 5
Matthijs
New Contributor II

What is your question?
Waleed_Wardany
New Contributor

in case of using telnet through port 25 & 110 these banners appear as before and i want to know if i can disable telnet through port 25 & 110
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

No you can' t. " telnet-like" access to a mail server is part of the SMTP protocol and not your FGT' s fault. Edit: oops, you run a FortiMail. I' m not proficient enough on a FM to answer this. So, only the remark on ' part of the protocol' holds true...sorry.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

In case of using telnet through port 25 & 110 these banners appear as before and i want to know if i can disable telnet through port 25 & 110
Both SMTP and POP are text-based protocols, and so they communicate in a similar manner to telnet. No possible way to disable telnet to those ports.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
ehlo
New Contributor

or port-forwarding is a way to achieve this. ehlo
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors